Saturday, March 17, 2007

what the hell was i thinking?!




i decided to take a class in flash it has been painfullllll.
oh well here's my first project:
I used the metaphor of orbital systems to exploit a visual dynamic about the slippery relational nature of language. The project takes the input in the second pane and transforms each word (and some punctuation) in individual bodies, sizes the body and then applies simple orbital behavior to the body...
the applied size, orbits, etc are never the same twice. the dynamics are relational and complex such as that of language itself.
wtf?? just check it out:


textUniverse


a video of the project where I pasted in the first two stanzas of Guy Debord's Separation Perfected, Society of Spectacle (yes this is how I experienced the text the first dozen times I read it).


No comments:

Post a Comment